Exit through the DAO
Fair Data Society is an initiative for decentralized self-sovereign data commons.
Fair Data is based on the simple premise that personal data is a part of the individual. As such, it should be treated as any other inalienable part of human identity.
As a society, we embraced high standards for treating people with dignity and respect. It is time to enforce these standards in the realms of our digital existence.
Fair Data Principles are an ethical standard for collecting, processing, and storing personal data. They are a social contract of our members and technologies we develop.
- 01OwnershipAll the data related to an individual are part of their digital self.
- 02Zero-dataPrivacy and non-collection of personal data should be default settings.
- 03ControlThe rights to data created about or by an individual are only their.
- 04ConsentIndividual’s data can only be accessed on the basis of consent.
- 05ValueData is a product of an individual’s labour and has economic value.
- 06ResponsibilityPersonal data should be accessed on a need-to-know basis, annonymized before shared or monetised
- 07InfluenceOrganisations allow the freedom of digital associations within the organisation's ecosystem and recognise associations outside.
- 08AccountabilityOrganizations that access and process personal data provide clear, understandable, and explainable information.
- 09EthicsOrganisations design their IT systems based on ethical handling of all personal data; ethics cannot be an afterthought.
- 10InteroperabilityOpen source should be the ideal in as many cases as possible when new software is released.
Fair Data Society is a coordinated network developing infrastructure and dApps for a fairer data economy and promoting human rights through digital sovereignty.
Is it Time for Serverless Application Platforms?
In his widely-read post on web3 , Moxie Marlinspike re-iterates over and over again that “If there’s one thing I hope we’ve learned about the world, it’s that people do not want to run their own servers.” The image he seems to have in mind is of a big old-style PC with a cd-drive sitting under the messy desk of a nerd, who spends his(!) time making sure it is running smoothly.
Fair Data Protocol: A roadmap towards data sovereignty and personal freedom
Fairdrive project has reached the end of the exploratory stage. Based on learning, Fair Data Protocol development has now started, bringing Fairdrive to production and enabling a fair data economy.
Fairdrive is Awarded the MyData Operator Status!
Fair Data Society is pleased to announce that Fairdrive has officially been awarded the status of a MyData Operator for 2021! This acknowledgement represents the growing need for a more ethical approach to personal data, focusing on how data intermediaries are ensuring privacy and data protection, whilst also empowering individuals with their data to make informed decisions in all facets of their life.