Exit through the DAO
Fair Data Society is an initiative for decentralized self-sovereign data commons.
Fair Data is based on the simple premise that personal data is a part of the individual. As such, it should be treated as any other inalienable part of human identity.
As a society, we embraced high standards for treating people with dignity and respect. It is time to enforce these standards in the realms of our digital existence.
Fair Data Principles are an ethical standard for collecting, processing, and storing personal data. They are a social contract of our members and technologies we develop.
- 01OwnershipAll the data related to an individual are part of their digital self.
- 02Zero-dataPrivacy and non-collection of personal data should be default settings.
- 03ControlThe rights to data created about or by an individual are only their.
- 04ConsentIndividual’s data can only be accessed on the basis of consent.
- 05ValueData is a product of an individual’s labour and has economic value.
- 06ResponsibilityPersonal data should be accessed on a need-to-know basis, annonymized before shared or monetised
- 07InfluenceOrganisations allow the freedom of digital associations within the organisation's ecosystem and recognise associations outside.
- 08AccountabilityOrganizations that access and process personal data provide clear, understandable, and explainable information.
- 09EthicsOrganisations design their IT systems based on ethical handling of all personal data; ethics cannot be an afterthought.
- 10InteroperabilityOpen source should be the ideal in as many cases as possible when new software is released.
Fair Data Society is a coordinated network developing infrastructure and dApps for a fairer data economy and promoting human rights through digital sovereignty.
Fairdrive has received the MyData Operator award for the third time
It is a great honour to announce that Fairdrive, Fair Data Society’s flagship app, has been awarded MyData Global’s MyData Operator award, this time for the Fairdrive Desktop App.
New Day - Fair Data Society Graduation and Plan Reveal
Attention privacy activists, data enthusiasts and supporters of a free and open internet! We have some exciting news to share with you.
WAM Sessions — a monthly Web3 jam
With WAM Sessions you’ll get to look past the marketing hype and be able to understand why Web3 is not just a fad, but a technology with deep inherent value and potential.